In this blog series from Denver car accident attorney Dan Foster, he discusses the biggest mistakes someone can make after being in a car accident.
#5: Failing to Seek Legal Counsel
There are numerous considerations to take before filing a personal injury case:
- Insurance Coverage
- Medical Payments
Even if you don’t think you need an attorney, you should still seek legal counsel after a car accident. The sooner you retain counsel to at least evaluate your claim, the sooner you can focus on what is most important: recovering quickly and getting back to life as normal.
To summarize, the 5 biggest mistakes after a car accident are:
- Failing to seek emergency medical care.
- Failing to document any witnesses.
- Providing a recorded statement to the insurance company.
- Releasing medical records to the insurance company.
- Failing to seek the guidance of an attorney.
If you’ve been in a car accident, contact the Colorado personal injury attorneys at Foster Graham for a free consultation. They will evaluate your situation and let you know if you have a case or not.