Select Page

Workplace Injuries Attorney In Denver

Helping those who were injured at work

If you are injured at the workplace, the first thing you should do (after any emergency medical care) is to report any and all injuries to your supervisor in writing. If your injury was the result of an unsafe workplace, then you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Even if you cannot, you are also likely to qualify for workers’ compensation.

Work-related injuries generally fall into one of a few subcategories:

  • If you were injured by defective equipment, you can probably file a product liability claim against the equipment manufacturer.
  • If your injury involved a car accident, you might be able to file a lawsuit against the other people involved in the collision.
  • If your injury is due to your employer’s or another employee’s negligence, you are usually limited to the benefits offered by workers’ compensation unless you are a policeman or firefighter.

Worker’s compensation is a complex system that determines which benefits an injured worker is entitled to and how he or she will receive those benefits. Given how complicated the system is, there is a sizable chance you might get a settlement that is much smaller than you actually need. A study by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine found that injured employees defended by attorneys get roughly twice the compensation of those without. If you or somebody you know is injured in a workplace accident, it is vital to get legal help from a trained personal injury lawyer.

Contact an experienced work-related injuries attorney

If you have been injured at your workplace in Colorado, our experienced team of Denver work injury attorneys at Foster, Graham, Milstein & Calisher, LLP can help you come out on top. For a free consultation, call us at (855) 567-2141.