Government Investigations & White-Collar Defense
FGMC has one of the premier Government Investigations & White-Collar Defense practices in Colorado, with lawyers widely recognized as the top attorneys in the state. We are one of only a handful of practices in Colorado ranked by Chambers USA, the leading legal ranking agency in the country. Chambers described the practice as “compact and robust” with notable experience in securities fraud, false claims, and regulatory enforcement. Chambers called Gary Lozow one of the top defense lawyers in the state and noted John Chanin “consistently gets terrific results” and comes “highly recommended” for his representation in regulatory investigations and compliance. Mike Rollin has litigated numerous high-profile, high-stakes investment matters, including much of the fallout of the 2008 financial crisis, and serves as an arbitrator in matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
The team has vast experience representing individuals and companies in a wide range of internal investigations, regulatory investigations, administrative enforcement proceedings, state and federal government investigations, civil fraud litigation, criminal defense litigation, and appeals. We have particular experience navigating the complex world where regulatory, civil, and criminal law intersect and defending parallel civil and criminal proceedings.
We have handled and tried diverse cases involving:
- Securities fraud, including SEC, FINRA, and state investigations and litigation
- Health care fraud, including investigations by federal and state agencies and litigation
- Financial and accounting fraud
- Tax evasion
- Ponzi schemes
- Professional licensing
- Consumer fraud
- False Claims Act investigations and litigation
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Affairs (DORA) investigations
- State Attorney General investigations and litigation
- Department of Justice investigations and Grand Jury subpoenas
- Investigations by various Offices of the Inspector General (OIG)
- FINRA arbitrations
- Federal and state receiverships
- Cannabis law and litigation
- Civil fraud and fraudulent transfer litigation
- Civil theft and misappropriation of trade secrets
- State and federal criminal defense and appeals
- Civil forfeiture
We help our clients manage regulatory risks and respond to government inquiries with an eye towards avoiding prosecution or an enforcement action. Where a violation has occurred, we counsel our clients on advisability of voluntary disclosure, internal investigation, and other steps to mitigate any exposure and achieve a successful and confidential resolution.
Although avoiding prosecution or an enforcement action is always the preferred outcome, when necessary, our team has decades of courtroom experience and a proven track record of success. We are true trial lawyers. We are not scared of the courtroom, and our adversaries know that fact. We have represented individuals and companies charged with the full gamut of white-collar offenses, including mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, tax fraud, false claims, and conspiracy.