Melanie R. MacWilliams-Brooks
Melanie’s practice focuses on complex commercial and business disputes, as well as employment matters. Melanie has successfully handled civil proceedings at the district and appellate levels—securing favorable settlements, verdicts, and judicial rulings for her clients.
Most recently, Melanie persuaded the Colorado Court of Appeals to reverse a judgment entered against her client on an issue of first impression regarding the distribution of LLC assets. The case is U.S. Bank v. Constance Marie, LLC, 2017 WL 2385499 (Colo. App. 2017).
- U.S. Bank v. Constance Marie, LLC, 2017 WL 2385499 (Colo. App. 2017) (interpretation of statute governing distribution of LLC assets)
- Zodrow v. Expanding Universe, Inc., No. 2015CA1834 (Colo. App. 2017) (due process rights regarding sufficiency of service)
- Khelik v. City and County of Denver, No. 2015CA932 (Colo. App. 2016) (employment termination)
- Team Systems Int’l, LLC v. Haozous, et al., No. 16-6277 (10th Cir. 2016) (due process right to review evidence)
- Ramsdale v. LVNV Funding, LLC, No. 2013CA2099 (Colo. App. 2015) (sufficiency of evidence to prove breach of contract)
- City and County of Denver Dept. of Safety v. Jenkins, Appeal No. 55-14 (Hearing Office of City and County of Denver) (employment termination)
- Boston College Law School, Juris Doctor, 2012
- Lawrence University, Bachelor of Arts, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- William E. Doyle Inn of Court
- Board Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association (2015-2016)