Kristin A. Decker
- With almost 25 years of legal experience with the unique background of having practiced real estate and land use in both the public and private sector, Kristin has the advantage of understanding local government law and procedure and the experience of assisting developers with navigating through government processes.
- Intertwined into her real estate and land use practice, Kristin has organized and represented Title 32 special districts and has advised and assisted local governments with the service plan approval process.
- Experienced in the creation, revision and interpretation of multiple jurisdictional land use regulations, ordinances and agreements, Kristin provides a precise understanding of the law giving unparalleled direction and guidance to her clients.
- She is a dynamic attorney who offers a diplomatic and determined approach to her clients. Her straightforward and collaborative style, combined with her experience, makes her a well sought-after attorney at FGMC.
Kristin comes to FGMC with almost 25 years of experience representing landowners and private entities in land use matters, as well as working in local government advising officials and governmental departments on multiple issues. During her tenure with Adams County, Douglas County, and City of Westminster, Kristin’s legal expertise guided counties and municipalities through the oversight of all things land use. From helping Planning Commissions navigate through zoning, subdivisions and comprehensive master plans to advising city council and boards during quasi-judicial hearings and guiding them through zoning and subdivision issues, real estate agreements, development and infrastructure agreements, eminent domain and land use litigation; Kristin has an extensive background making her a one-of-a-kind asset to the FGMC land use team. On the private side, Kristin represented home builders, landowners, and developers providing legal services for a wide range of projects such as conditional use permits, rezonings, planned unit developments and property acquisition. Her understanding of the intricacies of governmental procedure and process provides favorable framework and solutions to clients engaging in projects or disputes with governmental entities.
- Land Use
- Land Development
- Real Estate
- Local Government
- Special Districts
- Chicago- Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D., with Honors, 1998
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., Biology and Sociology, 1994
- Colorado Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Executive Council of Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Section (2013 – 2017)
- Speaker, CBA/CLE Real Estate Symposium, Quasi-Judicial Hearings on Land Use Applications: Procedures, Practices and a Few Lessons Learned, July 2016
- Speaker, CLE International, Land Use Law: How-to Conference, Subdivision Plats: Law and Processes for Approval, November 2016
- Speaker, Real Estate Symposium, Land Use Issues from both a Private and Government Perspective, July 2014