Chip G. Schoneberger
Chip G. Schoneberger concentrates in all phases of post-trial and appellate litigation, and heads the firm’s Appellate Practice. He has handled appeals in state and federal reviewing courts across the country and in a wide variety of practice areas, including: commercial litigation, construction, casualty/liability defense, insurance coverage, property/zoning/land use rights, and professional liability. Recognizing that success on appeal begins long before final judgment, Mr. Schoneberger also partners with trial attorneys at the critical motion and trial stages of a case to frame key issues for the court and identify/preserve errors for resolution on appeal.
- Civil Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- U.S. Bank v. Constance Marie, LLC, 2017 WL 2385449 (Colo. App. 2017) (reversing judgment against client regarding distribution of LLC assets).
- Whitelaw v. Denver City Council, 2017 WL 1279771 (Colo. App. 2017) (affirming judgment for client in rezoning case).
- Moench v. Marquette Trans. Co., 2016 WL 5485122 (5th Cir. 2016) (affirming judgment for client in maritime action).
- Khelik v. City and Cnty. of Denver, No. 2015CA832 (Colo. App. 2016) (reversing client’s termination in employment disciplinary action).
- Eiberger v. Baurer, No. 2014CA1297 (Colo. App. 2016) (reversing partition judgment and directing judgment for client on specific performance claim).
- Ramsdale v. LVNV Funding, LLC, No. 2013CA2099 (Colo. App. 2015) (reversing judgment against client in breach of contract claim resulting in favorable settlement).
- Lehman Bros. Holdings, Inc. v. PMC Bancorp, 612 Fed. Appx. 885 (9th Cir. 2015) (affirming $2.4 million judgment for client).
- Kelly v. Law Offices of G. Michael Schuyler, P.C., No. 2013CA166 (Colo. App. 2014) (reversing attorney fees award against client).
- Brimet II, LLC v. Destiny Homes Mktg., LLC, 296 P.3d 993 (Ariz. App. 2013) (reversing trial court and directing judgment for client in multi-million-dollar property lien dispute).
- BSLNI, Inc. v. Russ T. Diamonds, Inc., 293 P.3d 298 (Colo. App. 2012) (affirming judgment for client and clarifying applicability of Colorado’s attorney fees statute after case is at issue).
- Archambault v. Soneco/Northeastern, Inc., 946 A.2d 839 (Conn. 2008) (reversing $3 million jury verdict against client resulting in settlement).
- Muhammad v. Ala Carte Entm’t, No. 1-04-1799 (Ill. App. 2005) (reversing jury verdict against client in malicious prosecution action).
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Colorado at Boulder (B.A.)
- State and Federal Courts of Illinois
- State and Federal Courts of Colorado
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Fifth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits
- Illinois Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- Investing in Your Own Construction Company – Avoiding Liability Under the Mechanic’s Lien Trust Fund Statute – FGMC’s December 2017 Newsletter