Danny is a founding partner and co-managing partner of Foster, Graham, Milstein & Calisher, LLP. Originally formed in 1999 by Danny and Robert Graham, this firm has grown to 26 attorneys specializing in a wide range of legal disciplines.
Danny specializes in criminal defense and Colorado personal injury law. He is a seasoned trial attorney who has conducted over a hundred civil and criminal jury and court trials. From 1997 – 1999, Danny served as a Deputy District Attorney in the Denver District Attorney’s Office, prosecuting a wide variety of criminal offenses. Throughout his tenure in the office he had the opportunity to conduct numerous jury and court trials. In April 1999, Danny started his own law practice focusing on criminal defense and personal injury law. Shortly thereafter in 2000 he partnered with Bob Graham to form Foster & Graham, LLP.
Danny’s commitment to his clients and zealous advocacy on their behalf helped the firm grow quickly and successfully. Danny continues to represent those accused of crimes in both state and federal court, as well as people charged with alcohol related driving offenses. He also represents those who have been injured in all types of automobile accidents in Colorado and premises accidents, as well as through the result of medical malpractice.
Danny’s enthusiasm and passion carry over into his work with the community as well. He loves running, golfing and has a wonderful wife Becky and three amazing children.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Board Member, Anti-Defamation League
- Legal Aid Foundation 2008-2009 Denver Campaign Committee
Publications, Lectures, & Reported Cases
- Presenter, Professional Legal Management Week Summit, Managing Partner panel discussion. October 9th, 2010, University of Denver School of Law.
- Foster, Daniel. 2010. “Never Be Afraid to Lose: Winning Strategies for Defense Attorneys in Criminal Cases.” Trial Techniques for Criminal Cases, 29-44. Aspatore Books (Thomson Reuters).
- Cardozo Society, CLE ethics presenter, “Zealous Representation versus Financial Compensation: You vs. Your Client”; Offices of Foster, Graham, Milstein & Calisher, LLP Denver, CO, March 2010
- Courts in the Community, speaker, analysis of appeal of People v. Bergerud, 2009WL738849, Colo. Supreme Court decision 223 P.3d 686 (Colo. 2010); Columbine High School, Littleton, CO, August 2009
- In re the Marriage of O’Rourke, 2007 WL 537766, Colo.App., February 22, 2007 (No. 06CA0001.)
- J.B.J. Holding Corp. v. Choi, 04 CA 5821, (Colo. App. January 26 , 2006).
- Parental Financial Liablility for Juvenile Delinquents, The Colorado Lawyer, November 2008 (Vol. 37, No. 11, pg 49-55).
Recently In The News
(Please Click the Link to View Entire Story)
- Danny Foster authors article in the Cherry Creek Glendale Chronicle regarding Personal Injury 1/13
- Danny Foster featured on FOX 31 News in regards to the case surrounding Jessica Ridgeway’s murder 10/30/12
- Danny Foster authors article in the Glendale Cherry Creek Chronicle: “How Can You Sleep at Night Mr. Criminal Defense Attorney?” 9/1/12
- Publicity Could Make It Hard For Holmes To Get Fair Trial In Colorado 07/22/12
- City Appeal Rejected In Deputy Firing 07/17/12
- DUI Primer 07/2012
- Deputy Fired Over Excessive Force Reinstated 01/09/12
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury Law
- University of Denver, College of Law, 1996
- Indiana University, B.A. 1992
- State and Federal Courts of Colorado
Honors & Distinctions
- Torch of Liberty Award, ADL, 2007