David Canter has represented plaintiffs and defendants in all phases of the litigation process, including preparing initial pleadings, discovery, law and motion, mediation and/or arbitration, jury trial, and appeal. Mr. Canter has appeared in a variety of civil matters, including lawsuits alleging negligence, assault and battery, product liability, toxic tort, premises liability, false imprisonment, slander, libel, defamation, construction defect, insurance bad faith, insurance subrogation, and breach of contract.
- State of Colorado, 2002
- State of California, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 Annual Survey of Colorado Law, “Evidence,” Published by Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc.
- “Tort Liability vs. No Fault: What Did We Do?” Presented at Flood & Peterson Ins., 6th Annual Risk Management Symposium.
- J.D., Southwestern University SCALE Program, 1989
- M.A., Program (Associate Instructor: Introduction to Public Speaking and Small Group Communication), University of California, Davis, 1986
- B.A., Rhetoric (Major) and Political Science, University of California, Davis, 1984