Erik N. Carlson
- Provides practical & sensible solutions to client’s legal needs through lifelong experience with property rights and a passion for all things land use.
- Adept in negotiating development and subdivision agreements with municipalities across the State of Colorado, as well as representing clients in front of various governmental bodies on projects large and small.
- Order of the Coif, National Champion - ABA Mediation in Representation and Bruce B. Johnson Scholarship Recipient.
Erik’s extensive experience in land use, zoning and entitlement projects has put him on the fast track within FGMC’s Land Use legal team. From large scale annexation to residential variances, Erik applies not only a methodical and detailed approach to his projects, but also brings lifelong experience and passion to the table for each of his clients. From observing his family negotiate easements on forest land as a child, to advocating for underlying interests and collaborative solutions during his National Championship in the American Bar Association’s Representation in Mediation Competition during law school, Erik has a unique enthusiasm for all things land use and real estate. Erik’s diplomatic and seasoned approach to negotiating with municipalities, as well as representing clients in front of various governmental bodies holds him in the highest esteem of his clientele. Erik has completed an abundance of conditional use permits to boards of county commissioners, variance applications and appeals to zoning boards of adjustment, as well as rezoning applications to city councils. When Erik is not in the office or at board meetings, he can be found volunteering as a member of the Denver Children’s Foundation, or enjoying the great outdoors.
- Real Estate and Land Development
- Zoning and Land Use Litigation
- Concordia College, Moorhead, MN, BA
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2018
- State Court of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- The Denver Children’s Foundation